Building Information Modelling
BIM is a better way to communicate and collaborate on a project – but only if enabled correctly. Of interest to Asset Management is the ability to use models downstream for a variety of purposes such as record information and data usage/exporting. Surveyors can employ BIM very successfully in many ways that can comply with all survey requirements while also providing downstream users with an ability to track information and make changes on a project within BIM files.
As many firms now undertake more and more retrofit and renovation projects Property Services NI have developed a specialised 3D surveying department that works on providing clients with the best and most appropriate solution to any BIM project whether it is through 3D/2D surveying or laser scanning/reality capture means.
Property Services NI have been delivering 3D Building Information Modelling services to the highest level of quality and expertise. Our bespoke data processing software and workflows will guarantee you the utmost precision and value from your investment in BIM.
3D Laser Scanning is fast becoming the industry norm for precision surveying in high precision and high value technical environments. As one of the first companies to adopt Laser Scanning technology, we are one of the most experienced.
- Remotely capture data from potentially hazardous sites, e.g. motorways or structurally unsafe buildings
- Fast data capture; critical on sites with limited access, e.g. crime scenes
- Complete data collection enables further investigations to be carried out later on without costly returns to the site
- Reduces the costs and downtime associated with construction rework, site revisits and field changes
- Lower cost as-built and topographic survey method compared to alternatives
- Improved accuracy and precision reduces the risks associated with project execution
- Highly-detailed data improves decision-making and engineering designs
- Enables factory fabrication, as opposed to field fabrication
- Enables 3D Modelling and Building Information Modelling (BIM)